1. No television on during mealtimes
2. No television on school days, or no television on school days until everyone has finished all their work and a half hour of leisure reading.
3. No television before completing household task.
4. Allot your child a particular number of television viewing hours per week, and let the child choose how to use the time with your supervision. Unused hours could be cashed in for a small treat.
5. National TV Turn-off Week is scheduled for every April. Make this a celebration time, with family game nights and outings. Your child might just learn how easy it is to live without television.