This year why not make it special and do something everyone can participate. Have everyone in the family or friends make a Thanksgiving Card on Thursday, before dinner. They can use whatever materials they choose. It can be as simple as a piece of paper or as elaborate as what your imagination will come up with. Every participants will write down (1) thing they are truly thankful for this year. After Thanksgiving dinner, everyone will share their cards in whatever creative way you come up with. Here are a few suggestions on sharing the Thanksgiving Cards:
1. Share cards out loud in a group setting before dinner.
2. Have a contest on the most creative card.
3. Give prizes for most meaningful card.
4. Pick partners and share cards and have partner share the most memorable entries.
5. Share cards out loud after Thanksgiving meal.
6. Put cards in a pile and guess whose card is being shared.
7. Share 1 or 2 most meaningful Thanksgiving entries.
8. Only have the children and young people share cards.
9. Come up with your own creative way of sharing cards.
10. Make it a new family tradition on sharing Thanksgiving Cards!
I hope this gives you something to think and share during Thanksgiving. Hopefully, your children will really enjoy this activity and it will give your family and friends an opportunity to communicate and become closer. It will also be a way to communicate positive feelings with one another, along with stopping to think about all the wonderful blessings you can recognize on a daily bases and throughout the year. Get your family started on this Thursday and have fun with the Thanksgiving Cards Activity!