Saturday, January 22, 2011

Easy Way to Ease Knee Pain

I know I have unbearable knee pain.  So, when I read this article, I had to share this simple solution to ease that pain. According to the August 2010 issue of Good Housekeeping magazine, it turns out that unsupportive shoes, like flip-flops might be better for knee pain than walking shows or hospital clogs.  A study at Rush University Medical Center found that bare feet and shoes mimic barefoot mechanics, like flat, flexible shoes and flip-flops.  It is said to put less pressure on the knee than super supportive styles.  In fact, barely-there footwear, which lessens impact as you walk, reduces joint loads as much as orthotics and knee braces do.  So if you're suffering from knee arthritis, or you're at risk, go flat and flexible whenever you can.  I'm just going to kick off my shoes or wear flip-flops for slippers in this cold weather.

2 comments:

madeeasymagnetics September 21, 2011 at 5:09 AM  

Interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you by Revathi

Anonymous October 16, 2012 at 3:34 AM  

I'll right away take hold of your rss as I can not find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please allow me recognize in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.
Stop by my web blog ; easyfeet

About This Blog

This weblog seeks primarily to be a resource to parents and their children facilitating, "Empowerment & Personal Responsibility through Education."

This weblog is an extension of BestEducationPossible-theCommunity an online community dedicated to Parents and their efforts to empower their children through Education.


How to get the Best Education Possible for Your Child

How to get the Best Education Possible for Your Child
Click Picture to Buy It Now!

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP