Monday, February 8, 2010

Questions To Ask At A Parent-Teacher Conference: Part I

Parent-teacher conferences are the times you can ask questions and get answers on how your child is progressing at school. Make sure you write down any questions you want to ask and take notes if the teacher identifies issues of concern. Below are possible questions to ask during the conference according to Stacy DeBroff, author of "The Mom Book Goes to School":

1. To what extend does my child participate in class activities and discussions?


2. Does my child raise his/her hand often?


3. Is my child shy or disinterested in school?


4. How does my child handle taking tests?


5. What academic progress has my child made?


6. How well does my child listen and work independently?


7. Do you think my child is working up to his/her ability?


8. How does my child compare to the academic expectations for this grade level?


In the meeting with the teacher always keep a level head. When you lay out your concerns, do so in a productive non-confrontational way, and try to be sympathetic. You want to have a positive working relationship with your child's teacher.

0 comments:

About This Blog

This weblog seeks primarily to be a resource to parents and their children facilitating, "Empowerment & Personal Responsibility through Education."

This weblog is an extension of BestEducationPossible-theCommunity an online community dedicated to Parents and their efforts to empower their children through Education.


How to get the Best Education Possible for Your Child

How to get the Best Education Possible for Your Child
Click Picture to Buy It Now!

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP