With all of the worries about the economy, families can still enjoy fun entertainment together and stay on a budget. That brings us to tip #54.
Tip #54: Start a family game night.
Why not start a family game night? Here are a few tips in getting started on a family fun filled night:
1. Schedule it. Decide in advance which day will be the family game night.
2. Involve everyone in the planning. Let your kids pick the games or choose the snack.
3. Create a tradition. Establish an activity on game night that becomes a family tradition. (ex. family-favorite dinner, how teams are chosen, or who gets the first turn)
4. Remind everyone. Set up reminders to make sure game night happens. Put a note in kids' lunchboxes. This can help build excitement.
5. Keep a family scoreboard. Have a special scoreboard and post the family member who won the last game on the board or create a family crown that can be worn at the family dinner before game night.
6. Mix it up with special guest. Invite other families and have a family game night tournament. Or invite extended family members. Just have fun.
Here are a few all-time favorites and new games to consider:
- Kids 6-8 - Pictureka! Sorry! Sliders, Operation, Monopoly Jr.
- Kids 8-10 - Clue, Monopoly, Cranium Family Edition, The Game of Life
- Kids 10-12 - Monopoly, Yahzee, Clue
- Families with teenagers - Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition, Scrabble, Cranium Wow, Jenga, Catch Phrase, Trivial Pursuit
For more game ideas, visit http://www.familygamenight.com/