Friday, October 2, 2009

Why Do I Worry?


Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with pressure from home, work, and health challenges, (like visits from my old friend Arthur). I could worry about my children, grandchildren, my father, sisters, nieces, or nephews. I could worry about meeting deadlines, making sure every child is reading on grade level, or all the teachers getting the help and the materials they need to be successful. I could worry about my book getting to the parents that really need it, and the book getting distributed to bookstores. I could worry about my husband's health or the aches and pains I feel in my neck, shoulders, arms, and knees when the barometric pressure is high and rain is on the horizen. But, when the weight of daily life starts pressing down on me, I remember one of my great-grandfather's favorite hymns:

His Eye Is On The Sparrow
Why should I feel discourage?
Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart feel lonely?
And long for heaven and home.
At this point my soul is lifted up and all the pressures of life roll off my aching shoulders with the chorus of the song. I remember my great-grandfather's beautiful, strong, baritone voice singing loudly...

I sing because I'm happy.
I sing because I'm free.
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

And once again all the cares and worries just seem to disappear into the night!! I can close my eyes, say a silent prayer and get some much needed rest to meet tomorrow's challenges.

Thank you Pop Pa for living a life of service to God, and teaching me to know where all my strength comes from, and I don't need to worry, because... He watches me.

0 comments:

About This Blog

This weblog seeks primarily to be a resource to parents and their children facilitating, "Empowerment & Personal Responsibility through Education."

This weblog is an extension of BestEducationPossible-theCommunity an online community dedicated to Parents and their efforts to empower their children through Education.


How to get the Best Education Possible for Your Child

How to get the Best Education Possible for Your Child
Click Picture to Buy It Now!

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP