If you feel that the school your child attends does a reasonably good job you should become involved as a positive partner to make it the best that it can be. It is so important to work as a partner with the school your child attends. Below are some positive traits that a parent should try to incorporate to work as a partner with the school:
1. Public relations parents: These are the parent that is active in the community and goes out a speaks positively about the school and what is going on in the school.
2. Behind the scenes: This parent is rarely visible around the school, but will help in anyway possible.
3. Working parents: These parent works full time and cannot always be at all school functions. These parents will take off from work for important events and appointments. They will volunteer to do things at home or give cash donations.
4. Worker bee: These parents are stay-at-home and will volunteer to do just about anything needed.
5. The ray of sunshine parents: These parents come into the school and willing to meet with administrators and teachers to support school goals. They are positive about the school and everyone trust their input.
6. The skilled parents: These are parents that have special skills that they share with the school and the students. It can be computer tech, tutors, artist, bulletin boards, gardening, or anything need to make the school a better place for the students and the staff.
Make sure you get involved with a positive group of parents that go about trying to make positive changes in the school. It will make all the difference in the experience you will have with the school and the experience your child will have.